Tuesday, January 20, 2009

On another note...


My Love is a godly woman. I have known this for many years, but there have been several events lately that have made this more pronounced.

I hope and pray that some of this is the result of me being a godly husband and leading Joi. I know a majority of it is her growing in grace.

Recently Joi went to coffee with a friend of ours and a friend of this young lady. Kelly has been trying to get Joi and her friend together for sometime. When Joi returned, she had many stories that made her laugh in humility while I was encouraged for her.

Joi said they kept saying things such as, "she is always giving little bits of wisdom" and "whew, I'm glad I'm not the only one". She was an encouragement to these young ladies, and a gift of wisdom for their endeavors in raising godly children in a godly way.

Today, Joi received a book in the mail. Our postman delivers mail in the morning. Joi has done an outstanding job of reaching out to him. He gets cookies every Christmas. Joi makes the best Chocolate Chip cookies in the world. She has a secret recipe, and I am the only one that knows it... I will never tell Jess... back to the story. At around four o'clock he rang the doorbell and said he forgot to deliver our package this morning. He asked if she had gotten the mail, as he was going to retrieve it and bring it to the door for her. His route brings him back down our street on his way back to the post office. That being the case, I wonder how many other people he would have given that type of service. We appreciate him, and it shows he appreciates us. Well, Joi that is.

That's my love... My Joi... My Prarie Muffin...

2 comments:

Joi said...

Awwww, you're so sweet Shane. Thank you for your encouragement, honey. I love you!!

Shane Bradley said...

And I love you my love.