Monday, February 9, 2009

I have found a good thing

It was a long time ago through Gods providence, but I have found a good thing. Joi never ceases to amaze me with her abilities. Our friend by acquaintance, Jim Bob Howard, has posted a webinar regarding saving money by shopping with coupons. We've done this before. I'm sure we all have. It never seemed worthwhile though.

That has all changed. Saturday, Joi went to the grocery store and loaded up for our small family of seven. She had her list and her strategy. I honestly didn't know anything about it until she returned. She returned with a receipt the size of a football field. This is mostly because Kroger chooses to print the paragraphs that no one ever reads on all of their receipts. All in all, the receipt wasn't that long considering what all she got. When she handed it to me, I looked at the price to see what would be hitting our check registry. It was $65. I looked a little further down, and saw that she saved 48%. She saved $56 and spent $65. That means we got $111 worth of groceries for $65. This was the first time Joi has used this strategy, but I like it already. That is cheaper for the name brand stuff than we pay out our cheap store Aldi. I will let you know how it works out in the future. I suppose someday the grocery store may give us money to shop there.

No comments: