Tuesday, May 5, 2009

In the Garden

That title reminds me of my favorite part of the Sixpence song Kiss Me. She sings In the garden.... of looooooooove. Of course it makes me think of my wonderful and beautiful wife.

We're participating in a community garden at Shelby Farms. It's been interesting so far. I believe this is an unusual year. They plowed the area late due to rain. I'm told a couple of days later they made rows when it was to wet, which created large (fist to foot size) dirt clods. A couple of days later they ran a clod buster over everything, but it was to wet to be effective.

And then we got to till it all over again. Here are some pictures of that event:






Though it looks like Nehemiah is about to cutoff his sisters head, that was not the case. He would have gotten in trouble if he had.

Joi and the girls planted part of a few rows of corn on the north side of the garden. Ezra asked, "What kind of corn are we planting? Corn on the cob?" I treasure that question. Children are so precious. They bring such joy.

No comments: