Saturday, March 14, 2009

Eleven

Eleven years is the span of time for the suns polarity to switch. In that time the sun is mostly very calm and peaceful. There are times when sunspots occur that cause issues in the earths atmosphere. The sun is continuously changing.

The same is true for Joi and me. This day eleven years ago, we got married. That has been one of the happiest days in my life. Sure, we have had our sunspots. We've been ever changing. We've grown and continue to grow. The love I have for Joi is still a consuming fire unlike anything you've ever experienced. I plan to keep doing everything it takes to make that the case. When the poles begin to change and the spots begin flaring and turbulent, we resolve. We both forgive. We both embrace, and we both give everything we have to work out the clash of polarity.

The Lord gave me an analogy a long time ago that makes a lot of sense to me. When we start in marriage, we are the two lower corners of a triangle. Christ is the top corner of the triangle. As we both come to Christ, we grow closer together, and the line between us gets shorter and shorter.

I have no doubt that Joi and I are closer today then we were eleven years ago. I also know that we will be closer eleven years further down the corridor of life.

2 comments:

Joi said...

I am so thankful for the 11 years we have had together, and I look forward to the eleventy years that we will have together. (Read the first part of The Fellowship of the Ring if you don't know what I'm talking about).

I love you Shane. You are truly a gift to me, and I thank GOD for you!!

Joi said...

It's hard to believe we have another anniversary coming up!! Wow, it will be 14 years on the 14th. I love you!!