Saturday, March 14, 2009

It's a miracle...

The night before last, I got three eggs from our chickens. It had been raining all day, and I told Joi to wait for me. I didn't want anyone out in the cold rain, so I would collect the eggs.

The next morning, I went out to feed the chickens and the other duties that go along with that task. There was a chicken in the laying box. When she got up, there was an egg under her.

That afternoon, I went to collect the eggs. I was dumbfounded when I opened the lid. There were three eggs. Now you may be wondering what the big deal is. Well, the big deal is I had three the evening before, one in the morning and three in the afternoon. That's four eggs within twenty-four hours. I only have three chickens. And the time for laying eggs in roughly thirty-six hours for chickens (althought I think mine are closer to thirty-two to thirty-four hours).

So how did it happen? I thought it had to do with Miracle Max. Ok not really, but I was shocked and did give glory to God. As I was walking away it dawned on me that I had seen the single egg in the laying box. I went to change the water out after seeing it. I didn't take it out, as I didn't want it to get broken. I never got it out of the box.

So it was just a funny event, but I was thankful that God loved me enough to take care of me.

No comments: